change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need suggestions for Abu Simbel

by joinjoni Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Hi!
      We only have a couple of days for the Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel area of Egypt. My question is...

1. would it be more beneficial to ONLY do Luxor for this time and eliminate the Aswan and Abu Simbel portion of the trip?

2. How much extra time would Aswan and Abu Simbel add to this trip (how much time would I absolutely need--considering travel time as well).

3. Is it possible (and would it make sense) to JUST do Luxor and Abu Simbel? I'm not sure what really is a "must see" in Aswan and I'm feeling that I will be more disappointed to miss out on seeing Abu Simbel than anything in Aswan. But so many people do both!

4. So in all, my boyfriend and I are definitely seeing Luxor and we are most impressed by Abu Simbel but wondering if we can/should make the time for this portion. I do not want to kick myself later by not seeing it when I was there.

Thanks for all of your help!

1 Answer Jan 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    • deb101's Profile Photo

contacting Eskaleh Eco-lodge

by deb101 Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Has anyone got details on who to book at Eskaleh Eco-lodge at Abu Simbel
      Also how much p/n is the accommodation for a doublethe

4 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Nile cruise - booking the optional Abu Simbel tour?

by Nic2004 Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Hello,
      We'll be heading to our first Nile cruise at the beginning of December. Now I'm wondering if we should also book an optional tour to Abu Simbel. I'm a little bit concerned about the departure times - apparently in the middle of the night. Would you recommend to do this tour? Are those temples so much more impressive than those which can be seen during the "usual" cruise? So is it really worth getting up so early, spending so much time?
      Well if yes, is it worth choosing a more expensive plane trip? Does it save a lot of time regarding a bus trip (also in the morning/night...)?
      As to the weather: is it already that hot in Abu Simbel at the beginning/mid of December? I've read about 40°C and more, but don't know the month.
      Many thanks for your help in advance!
      Nic

11 Answers Nov 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM
    • Is it neccessary to stay overnight in Abu Simbel?

by tanyapak Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 7:10 AM

I will travel from Aswan to Abu Simbel to visit the temple. As I've read some travel tips to visit the temple, most people suggest to take a convoy to be there and spend a few hour at the temple, then heading back to Aswan on the same day. Would you think it's enough time to explore the main attraction in Abu Simbel by following that plan? Or I should take a bus to Abu Simbel and spend a night there? Pls suggest.

5 Answers Sep 11, 2007 at 3:26 AM
    • Any suggestion?

by ChesterCes Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 6:24 AM

Can anyone recommend me a travel agency?... Almost all of them only accept cash or Credit Card with copy of passport I don't know who to trust. If you had a good experience with one of them please let me know.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM
    • georgt's Profile Photo

who know how to get to abu simbel

by georgt Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 4:40 AM

hello, if you please would tell me if there are buses going to abu simbel leaving from luxor or aswan, what is their standards, how long the ride takes .

8 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM