Travel Answers
Abu Dhabi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is there a bus service from Dubai to Umm Al Quwain??

Umm al Qaywayn Yesterday

Is there a bus service from Dubai to Umm Al Quwain??

more
    • Khatt Springs - is there a section open to the public (even chargeable)?

Ras Al Khaimah Dec 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Khatt
      Ras al Khaimah
      25.617933, 56.012091

At this location, is the general public able to use the hotsprings, for a charge even?
      javascript:void(0)

more
    • Leo2006's Profile Photo

Penguine Encounter: Worth to pay 100€ for Exclusive Encountr or is "Peng friend" for 30 € enough?

Dubai Dec 15, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,
      my son and me will visit Dubai. My son is 14.
      Is it worth to pay 500 AED for Exclusive Peng-Friend Encounter (with 14 penguines/8 pppl) or is "Peng friend" (2 penguines/12 ppl, 150 AED) enough? Or it is anyway a few seconds to touch the penguine?

Leon

more
    • Marriage without parents - single woman

Dubai Dec 9, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Is it allowed for a single woman to get married without the presence of her parents and any mahram in UAE? I am a muslim convert from Europe. Will they create problems for me?

more
    • MardinaN's Profile Photo

Metro and transport

Dubai Yesterday

Hello

I will be in dubai from 10th January for 7 days

Can someone please advise how can I get hold of a metro card and how do I use it..

Thanks

more
    • 12 hour layover in Dubai

Dubai Dec 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I have a 12 hour layover between a flight from Kochi, India, to Atlanta in late January. I hold a US passport. I'd like to get out to see a bit of Dubai but it's looking to me like I can only get a transit visa if I have a hotel reserved in Dubai. Am I correct about this? (I haven't seen other people mention this in my research on the subject).

more
    • UAE Visa Issue

Dubai Nov 29, 2014 at 6:02 AM

I'm travelling to UAE with my family (5 people) in January 2015. I plan to stay there for 10 days. I also plan to visit Oman via road in that period.
      I've already booked round trip tickets from Hyderabad (India)- Dubai- Hyderabad via Emirates.
      I have following queries:
      1. What type of UAE/Oman visa should I apply for to visit Oman via road and go back to Dubai (via road/flight) and then board my return flight?
      2. Will I be allowed to enter Dubai when I return from Oman? If allowed, can I go into the city or have to stay inside the airport (prefer going to the city)
      Please propose any alternate scenario possible in which I can travel to Oman

more
    • Burj Khalifa fireworks in New Years Eve

Dubai Nov 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Hi ! I will be staying at Savoy Crest apartments in Bur Dubai.Is it too far away to be able to see New Years Eve fireworks from Burj Khalifa ?Thank you for your help !

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Transit for 7 hours

Dubai Dec 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I will be travelling from London to Madras next week and have 7 hours wait time in Dubai on transit. Reading the rules, it looks like I cannot take a transit visa and spend better time. Are there hotels inside the terminal that I can book for 4-6 hours? Travelling with 2 kids it may be easy and comfortable spending this time. If yes, how much will that cost? Thanks!

more
    • Transportation

Dubai Dec 5, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Which is the best taxi to take in Dubai travelling with two children.

more
    • Alcohol and cigarettes

Dubai Dec 18, 2014 at 5:41 AM

I will be in UAE for a year, what is the availability of alcohol and cigarettes?

more
    • elderly father

Dubai Dec 7, 2014 at 5:58 AM

kindly looking for a reliable person to show my father around town 12-13 january he is dutch but speaks english,worried daughter would feel relieved....

more
    • Abbsy's Profile Photo

Burj Al Arab

Dubai Dec 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are hoping to visit Burj al Arab Skyview Bar in March 2015, either for a cocktail or for afternoon tea and wanting a window seat to watch the sun set, is it best to go for Afternoon Tea or a cocktail.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Again is there any way to improve the chances of getting a window seat?
      We are staying in the JA Ocean View Hotel, as far as I know it's close to the Dubai Marina (correct me if I'm wrong) and wondered what is the best way to travel to get to the Burj AlArab - is there a Mono rail in the area of my hotel and if so will this take us to the vicinity of the Burj Al Arab?
      Any advise further adviser/recommendations would be most grateful.
      Thanks.

more
    • i'm concerned about the recent stabbing of a foreigner -putting me off going to dubai and abu dhabi

Dubai Dec 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM

after the abu dhabi stabbing, is it a more dangerous place for foreigners nowadays? I always felt it was a safe place but i'm about to go back for a holiday and am concerned abou the recent stabbing of American Teacher.

more
    • Connections help?!

Dubai Nov 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi all,

My girlfriend has been in Zimbabwe for the last 3 moths and is due to fly home to the UK very soon. Her connecting flight is in Dubai, and I plan to surprise her in the airport. I've booked to fly to Dubai a few days before for a bit of a holiday, and then I've booked us on the same flight home sat next to each other. (already knew her flight details and she asked me to book her seats)

My question is, where will I be able to meet her? Will she be going through arrivals as normal? Or will she be transferred to her next flight straight to the gate?
      Her flight is in the same terminal, and her stop over is 7 hours.
      Sorry if stupid question, haven't flown much.

Any help hugely appreciated!!
      From a hopeless romantic boyfriend!

more
    • giv2get's Profile Photo

The Carpet.

by giv2get Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM

What was the mode of transportation for the carpet in the main prayer hall?

5 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • dolphins and safari

by MerilinK Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Is it possible to swim with dolphins somewhere in Abu Dabi?
      And which would be the best operator offering Desert safari, including sandboard, camel ride and dune bashing?

Many thanks

1 Answer Sep 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM
    • landing in dubai with Abu Dhabi visa

by kdsingha Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Hi,
      I got employment eVISA from Abu Dhabi but I'll be landing in dubai as I'm flying by emirates. Please suggest if there is any challenge and how to come out of it. My friend told me that I can not land in dubai with Abu Dhabi visa.
      Please suggest.
      Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • Canadian visa

by Marwa27 Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Does anyone know after how long can i get the canadian visa on my passport after doing the biometric?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • Dress code

by kales2209 Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 5:00 AM

What is the dress code in abu dhabi, and by this I mean do you get really dressed up at night time when dining in the hotels etc

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    • Living costs in UAE

by inam251 Online Now May 20, 2014 at 2:03 PM

What are the living costs in abu dhabi? Are there any places where food can generally be bought for cheap value?

• how much will it cost?

by leighafallon1 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 3:33 AM

I am staying with a host family so i dont havve to worry about food or hotel but how much money should i take for a 9 day stay. I know that we are going to the ice cafe and to yas waterworld any help would be appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM
    • Butterflygrl75's Profile Photo

Gluten Allergy (wheat,rye,and etc)

by Butterflygrl75 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Will I have trouble? I love learning and trying my best to eat cultural dishes.. I do not want to offend but I do want to enjoy my trip and avoid hospitals. Help please. Advice..
      Thank you

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • MoscowTraveller's Profile Photo

Red Bull Air Race

by MoscowTraveller Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Dear VT members,
      Does anybody know exact place where will be flights of Red Bull Air Race in Abu Dhabi next February? Closed to Corniche Street or in new place?
      redbullairrace.com/en_INT/ev...
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • maztek's Profile Photo

Apartment In Abu Dhabi

by maztek Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Want to Stay in good serviced aprtment with my wife...should be nearer to Zayed Hospital The stay is longer one

• Amazing restaurant

by MCLF Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Can anyone recommend a great restaurant for an early dinner? I'm staying on a Friday but my flight is at 10PM that night so I'll be dinning early around 6PM.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • Beach / nice hotel for 20 hour transit

by MCLF Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I have a long transit in Abu Dhabi. I arrive at 1AM and my flight leaves the same day at 10PM on route to Sydney. I'd like to stay in a nice hotel where I can relax, use the pool, maybe go to one of the private beaches, maybe venture out to a restaurant. I realise it's not particularly cultural of me but I really just want to relax before the long flight so not too fussed about seeing the sights. I've emailed a few hotels but they all seem intent on charging me for two nights accommodation because I'll be checking in late.

Can anyone recommend one where I can check out in the afternoon but still use some of the hotel facilities until I have to go back to the airport.

Thanks so much!

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • Good hotel for female traveller?

by borneobound Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I want to relax and swim after a long flight, go shopping & do a tour before i head off to see a friend in Oman. Most of all i want to feel comfortable e.g eating out alone. I do NOT want to be mistaken for a prostitute - sorry but I spent an eight hour flight from London next to an appalling man who spent the entire flight extolling the various virtues of various high end Abu Dhabi hotels for their amazing selection of Russian girls to a poor UK Abu Dhabi student .. Kind of put me right off Abu Dhabi and I now worry about staying there.. is it safe?

7 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

family friendly restaurants

by call_me_rhia Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Hello, would anyone recommend a family-friendly restaurant in abu dhabi and/or al raha?
      Many thanks

• 2 women flying from Chicago thru Abu Dhabi to Bangalore

by getgoinggirl Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

We have a 3hr layover in Abu Dhabi. How safe and any suggestions?

8 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

KILOMETER ZERO

by bojomacaraig Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Where the Kilometer zero post located in Abu Dhabi UAE?

• WTTWBB's Profile Photo

is Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque close on Friday?

by WTTWBB Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I was heard that the mosque will be close on Friday? is it true?
      I will only have one day there and it is Friday, Oct.04th,2013, the mosque is the most attraction to me, so please let me know if it is true.

and also please give some suggestion of one day trip in Abu Dhabi city, thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    • Abu Dhabi - solo traveller

by Biscuit.face Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm a female and Chinese origin. I'm thinking about going to Abu Dhabi for a day trip on my own in early September. Please could you advise is there anything I need to be aware of? Is it safe to do so?

Many thanks

Cheers,

Janice

2 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Taxi's

by Drayman151 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hi

how much is a typical taxi from the airport to the city ?

also we thinking of going christmas day is the shopping open around theses days !

4 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM
    • Can you have a layover in Abu Dhabi when you are an Israeli citizen?

by LDNCGN Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hi, my husband, baby and I want to fly to Phuket soon, there's excellent fares with ariberlin, however there's a layover in Abu Dabhi and my husband and baby both hold Israeli citizenship (our child has dual Israeli and German though). Do you know if it is possible to take a flight with a layover in the UAE with an Israeli Passport?

3 Answers Mar 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Pixie5's Profile Photo

Night spot

by Pixie5 Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Hi, I have single American business friends coming over to Abu Dhabi. Age 35+.
      Where is a good place to go for a drink with i.e. 80's music or maybe an Irish bar? Not clubbing just drinks. Good atmosphere.
      Please help quick. THANKS

4 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    • how to get a visa

by deanneMD Online Now Jan 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM

hi! i'm from the philippines. my boyfriend works in abu dhabi and i want to do a surprise visit for his birthday in april. how do i go about getting a visa?

4 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • martin981's Profile Photo

AUH to Sharjah

by martin981 Online Now Nov 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hi,

What is fastest and reasonably priced option to get to Sharjah from AUH? I am aware of the Air Arabia shuttle, but what about direct connections from the airport?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • Planning A Trip to Abu Dhabi

by NinaTravels Online Now Oct 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I am planning a trip to Abu Dhabi for next year in June. Me and my best friend will be staying with a friend so we don't have to pay for a hotel. Are there any suggestions of things we must do or see when we get there?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

Restaurant

by crazyman2 Online Now Sep 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hi

We're in Abu for an evening at the end of October. It'll be a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Where would you suggest that we eat? We're after good food (not Chinese) and good service. Ideally, a great view and not too expensive!

Tipping in UAE? What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Oct 22, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    • Abu Dhabi in October

by angie2012 Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Hello!!
      At the end of October I’m planning to reach with my two young children my husband who works near Abu Dhabi. Can anyone suggest me a good /not expensive hotel? Since we will stay there for one week, what can we visit or do?
      Thank you for your advice!
      Angie

2 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    • surprise visit

by cescil_asiao Online Now Sep 12, 2012 at 6:26 AM

my husband is celebrating his birthday on April 11 and our 6th year wedding anniversary on April 28, 2013, he is working there and I would like to surprise him to celebrate the two occasion for a month.
      how can i apply for a visit visa not undergoing his sponsorship?

4 Answers Sep 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • Abu Dhabi Layover at Night

by rachellewa2004 Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 3:17 AM

My flight from the U.S. lands in Abu Dhabi at 8PM and my next one takes off at 8:30AM the following morning. I would like to explore the city if possible. Any recommendations for what I'd be able to see on a Thursday night? Will I be able to see anything before closing? What would be the best way to get there? Should I exchange some money before I go? I am an American citizen, but I am Jewish and have been to Israel since I've had this passport.

Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

Round Skyscraper

by louiseks Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hello,
      My friend is fascinated by architecture. She is wondering if you could visit inside the Round Skyscraper. Does anyone know?
      Thanks
      Louise

8 Answers Feb 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    • windpaard's Profile Photo

transit hotel abu dhabi

by windpaard Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM

hello
      I will in transit be during the day in abu dhabi.Someone knows a cheap hotel where is possible to check inn at about 9 am and check out around 18 30.
      the hotels i see at internet give the info that the check-inn is from 14 h.
      I want to pay a"nightrate" but just stay during the day.
      The transit hotel inside the airport is very expensive.

4 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM