Abu Dhabi Travel Answers

change location

AD airport to Dubai

by kk7743 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 10:16 AM

I am going to Dubai via flying in AD airport. Will stay at creek area.
Can somebody recommend me a reasonable and easy way of transportation to Dubai? Is there shuttle bus from AD airport to Dubai?

I am arrivin in AD at 6pm. Is there trafic jam on the way to Dubai?

This is my first exposure to UAE and I am so looking forward to it. Thank you for helping me.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • mfas2000's Profile Photo

Re: AD airport to Dubai

by mfas2000 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 10:23 AM

if its weekdays (sat-Thursday\), yes, there will be a trafic jam on the way from Aabu Dhabi to Dubai.

I cant think of any shuttle from Ad to dubai, taxi can cost 150 dhs

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Well there is no bus service between A.D. Airport and Dubai, but there are taxis which is the fastest way to get to Dubai.
    By the time you get out of airport (about 7:00 P.M.) and heading toward Dubai the traffic would be much lighter than early evenings!
    Good luck.

• Doctor38's Profile Photo

by Doctor38 Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 12:19 PM

If you are arriving with Al Etihad Airways there is a free shuttle from Abo Dhabi Airprt to Dubai. If you are traveling on Al Etihad Airways out of Abo Dhabi you can actually do your check-in in Dubai in Shaikh Zayd st and take the shuttle to Abo Dhabi.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 11:57 PM

There's also an express bus from Abu Dhabi city to Dubai.

• leosoul's Profile Photo

by leosoul Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Hi

FIrst of all the distance between AD and Dubai is 125 Kms on a super highway :)
    When you get down at AD. Check "AL Ghazal" counter in the airport. They might have bus service. If you are looking for some time wastage :) and cheap option then come to AD city TAXI stand via taxi (60 DHS) and then go in a bus to dubai.
    Otherwise take a taxi direct to dubai. Keep your stay details handy before you board taxi as dubai is confusing sometimes and so are drivers. But if you know well known places just relax and enjoy the view. If you will checkout from airport at 7:00 AM and take immediate taxi to dubai then dubai main highway (Sheikh Zayed ROad)will be clogged on weekdays and free on fri/sat.

Hope this helps
    Let me know if you have more ques.

Amit

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

by pakistanibrain Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Since I live in Dubai and use Abu Dhabi Airport every now and then, because it's not as crowded as Dubai airport, I'll tell you the options you have:

Option 1 (only if you are travelling with Etihad Airways): There is a free shuttle bus service between Abu Dhabi Airport and the Etihad City Terminal in Dubai, which is located at the Chelsea Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. The scheduled travel time between these AD Airport and Chelsea Tower in Dubai is 1 hour 30 minutes, but normally they are faster than that. Depends on the traffic of course. You won't make the bus at 6 pm, because it'll take some time to get out of immigration, etc. So you could take the bus at 8 pm then. From Chelsea Tower you can take a taxi to your hotel at the Creek, which will probably cost you around 50 to 60 Dirhams.

Option 2: You take a regular Airport taxi from Abu Dhabi airport to your hotel. They have fixed prices according to your destination. The fare for the Abu Dhabi Airport - Dubai route, is 250 Dirhams.

Option 3: Al Ghazal Taxi. I've never used that myself, so I don't know how that works and how much it costs.

• Re: AD airport to Dubai

by ahmedmian Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 10:52 AM

I will be traveling for Hajj inshallah this year and will stay in Shajah a few days upon my return. Will arrive at Abu Dhabi airport 8:30 P.M. on 24th Dec 07.
    Will I be able to get a free (itehad) bus service from AD airport to Dubai (Chelsea Hotel). at that time of the night. Will apprteciate receiving schedule
    times of Departure for this bus?
    Note 20:30 is the arrival time at the airport, I should be looking for bus around 10:00 to 10:30 P.M.
    Thanks.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 3:05 PM

If you fly with Etihad then they should have the schedule of Buses. The buses drop passengers to a specific location in Dubai and no door to door business!!

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 3:06 PM

If you fly with Etihad then they should have the time schedule of Buses. Buses drop passengers in a specific point in Dubai, no door to door business!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines