Abu Dhabi Travel Answers

change location

Can you have a layover in Abu Dhabi when you are an Israeli citizen?

by LDNCGN Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hi, my husband, baby and I want to fly to Phuket soon, there's excellent fares with ariberlin, however there's a layover in Abu Dabhi and my husband and baby both hold Israeli citizenship (our child has dual Israeli and German though). Do you know if it is possible to take a flight with a layover in the UAE with an Israeli Passport?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • stevemt's Profile Photo

Re: Can you have a layover in Abu Dhabi when you are an Israeli citizen?

by stevemt Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:21 AM

If you are not entering the country there should not be any hassle, however, both UAE air lines I believe have it in their manifesto that people with an Israeli stamp in their passport can be refused boarding.

With Air Berlin this may not be a problem, but with other airlines it may be.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM

have only your german passport with you or change flight.

you can arrive to Phuket also from Singapore and few days ago I saw there was a good bargain with AF (or KLM) from Germany to Singapore

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Dan30's Profile Photo

by Dan30 Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Best to travel with European passport when go though Abu Dhabi airport, having Israel passport can be a problem for you. Have an Israel Stamp go Abu Dhabi not really big deal UAE authorities are aware that tourist will travel though many countries. But Passport they will be a issue.

If you have concerns then please contact the UAE Embassy in home country and seek for advice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines