Travel Answers
Abita Springs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• iannation's Profile Photo

New Orleans - First Time Tourist - Have specific Questions :)

New Orleans Jan 20, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Hello, we are a couple in our late 30s going to NO on my spring break (teacher) in early April. I have a few questions if you could please help!

1) Hotel: We want to stay in the French Quarter/ Bourbon St area. Price: on a scale 1-10, 5-8 range. (moderate -nicer). Hotel must have a balcony and preferably a pool. Please suggest a few to look at. Don't want a tiny hotel but we do want that classic New Orl feel

2) Restaurants: We both love seafood. Same price range 5-8 on scale 1-10. Maybe 1 really nice place. What are the best seafood restaurants in French Quarter. We never are up for breakfast so just Lunch-Dinner ideas please. Best Jambalaya? Best authentic New Orleans spot? Best Cajun? Best creole? All suggestions please within 1 mile of the center of the French Quarter.

3) Music: Preservation Hall - we will go. Other classic Jazz suggestions? Admittedly not a Jazz expert so apologies for my ignorance. I do love to listed to 'faster' more upbeat Jazz Sounds. 3 or 4 piece bands with a piano, trumpet, or double bass. Nothing too upscale. Is there a street or 2 that have multiple jazz clubs to browse and listen to from outside then go in if we like?

4) Sightseeing: We plan on taking in the local French Quarter culture by meeting lot of people through going to Jazz clubs, restaurants and just taking in all the amazing architecture in the area. What are other sights we must do? We do not like museums. Prefer outdoor sights, architecture etc. We will see an above ground cemetery. Jackson Square (ideal type of sight we like). Riverboat tour you'd suggest?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

more