Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mona.sa's Profile Photo

Relaxing day trip

Göteborg Jul 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hello
      I am looking for a relaxing place in the countryside of Göteborg in reasonable price. We are a couple and want to make it romantic also.
      Thank you!

more
    • Is living "central" in Vasteras a good idea?

Västerås Jul 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I will be working in Sweden for perhaps 6 months, and will spread my time across locations in Avesta, Degersfors, and Ekilstuna. I could locate in in one of those cities, then travel to the other two as needed, OR I could "centralize" in Vasteras and travel by train to whichever city I needed to be in that day/week.

Does anyone have a recommendation either way? (I will be working 5 days/week, but will have time to explore on the weekends)

more
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Visiting Skelleftea

Skellefteå Jun 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hello. I am going to visit Skelleftea during a few days in november. Can anyone recommend me what I can see and do in this city? Greetings. Magda

more
    • To rent a boat

Gullholmen Jul 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

How do you find a boat to rent in Gullholmen? When travelling in Bohuslan, this seems to be the greatest problem. A bit ironic I must say...We have rented a room and want to be able to go to the small islands around, but not even the hotel has boats ro rent out. Our youngest girl is only 5 years, so "kajak" is too risky. I would like what swedes call an "eka" or similar. How do I find it?
      Thanks for tips!
      Anna

more
    • Tågbuss 66567 plattform

Sundsvall Jul 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Hi. I travel across Sweden for the first time. I have a problematic question regarding transfering from a train to a bus in Sundsvall. I travel to Hudiksvall in a few days and I have to transfer in Sundsvall from a train to a bus. I have bought a ticket long time ago (all transfers seemed just fine) but only today I found out that few of the buses actually have platforms 1 kilometer from Sundsvall train station. My swedish in not good enough to understand swedish sites and I can´t actually find any contact to Sundsvall station. If there is someone from Sundsvall who knows the bus system, it would be a great help. Or if you could provide me some kind of contact. I only have 19 minutes to transfer so i really need to know WHERE should I run to catch the buss and search the way in advance. SO: I should travel with ´tågbuss 66567´ to Hudiksvall. I don´t travel with X-trafik (I know that they have special buses and platforms)- I travel with SJ. Could somebody tell me if these busses stop near the train station or 1 kilometer away- on Navet station? Thanks very much!

more
    • FRUSTUNA CHURCH

Gnesta Jul 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What denomination church is it? Christian? Lutheran? Is the service in Swedish? When are church services held? I am a visitor from Australia who can´t speak Swedish, would I be able to understand any part of a service? Thanks Nick Kingsley kingsley642796@yahoo.com.au

more
    • PaulKilgour's Profile Photo

Train + Bus ticket

Sweden Jul 15, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I live in Copenhagen and will be travelling by Øresunds Tog to Malmø tomorrow. Which ticket do I need to purchase so that I can use it on buses in Malmø?

more
    • applerum no. 2 farm (circa 1840)

Kalmar Jul 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Is there such a place? My great great grandfather was born there and I would like to find it on a dream trip to Swedend.
      Which is the best airline for travel from Orlando, Florida to Sweden, then on to Kalmar?

Thank you.

more
    • Airport to Pier

Stockholm Jul 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Is it an issue getting a taxi to the cruise ship pier; and how much would it be?
      Thanks,
      Craig

more
    • Winter shoes/jackets

Stockholm Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello! I will be in Stockholm from January to May and am curious as to what kind of shoes to have for the winter - something stylish but practical. I am a female college student. Tall, mid-calf or ankle? Any specific brands? Do I need waterproof shoes? Insulated? How many different pairs of shoes should I have? Any and all information is appreciated!! I come from southern California and am not familiar with winter weather at all.

Also any information you have on winter jackets would be great! Again, any specific brands, coat lengths, styles, and material would be much appreciated.

more
    • day trip from Voxholm to Sandhamn

Stockholm Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Could anyone give me information of ferries between these two islands, or other day trips to other archipelago islands from Vaxholm where we'll be staying for two nights?
      Thank you for your help.

more
    • Locker sizes

Stockholm Jul 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Will my 32" x 20" x 13" suitcase (my largest) fit in a locker?

more
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Stockholm in 3 Days

Stockholm Jun 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

should we get a pass or a stockholm card? It seems a bit confusing the difference between the two... Also- we definitely like to do the canal tour - is there a particular company that we should us? thank you for your time!

more
    • Free Walking Tour of Stockholm

Stockholm Jun 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hello,

My cruise ship will arrive at Stockholm at 8:00 a.m., and I the disembarkation will be completed by 9:00 a.m. My airplane will be leaving from Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 1:05 p.m. I am looking to see if there are any 1-hour (or 2-hour at the longest) tours available which would enable me to get a glimpse at the city of Stockholm and some of its attractions. Either a walking or a bus tour would be fine, the only requirement is that I must be at the airport by 11 a.m. (or 11:30 a.m. at the latest). Any tour suggestions and resources would be welcomed. Thank you!

more
    • Travel in the Winter!

Stockholm Jul 15, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hello there.
      I'm thinking about going to see the Rise Against concert in November and enjoy to know the city.
      My question is that as this will be in the winter with there will be too cold (for a guy from Portugal) and if there is be something to see (some of the atractions may close and things like that).
      Best ragards,
      Carlos Leiras

more
    • Bringing a wood burning stove?

by MortenJ1 Online Now May 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hey guys.

I'm planning a trip to Kungsleden. My plan is to walk the whole trail during june. Normally when I hike, I bring a lightweight wood burning stove and collect fuel before I reach camp.
      I've been reading about the area, and there is often mention of birch forrest and vegetation in the valleys. Now I'm wondering if it will be possible to use my wood burning stove on this trail, or I should rely solely on my backup gas stove? Will I get close to forrest or other kinds of fuel every day or every other day? I'm planning on averaging 20 km a day.

Thanks
      /Morten

9 Answers May 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • Kungsleden trail between May 18th to May 24th, 2014

by yangthehiker Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM

My wife and I are experienced backpacker. We are planning a week long backpacking trip to hike Kungsleden trail between the north section of Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The time should be around May 18, 2014 to May 24. We will carry all the camping gears.

I know the transportation could be a problem during that time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the following questions.

1. I heard there won’t be bus between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta at that time. If our hike finishes at Nikkaluokta, is there a way we can get back to Kiruna Airport?

2. Is there any bus between Kiruna and Abisko during that time? Schedule?

3. Is there any taxi between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta? How about the cost?

4. Do you think if it makes sense to ride a taxi from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta, then hike north to Abisko, then ride a bus (see question #2) to Kiruna airport?

5. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, what will be the condition during that time.

6. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, I assume I have to bring microspike as the hut will be closed at that time and I won't be able to rent crampon? Are snowshoes necessary?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Are there day trails in Abisko National Park

by VerenaMcGregor Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I am going to Sweden in July this year and unfortunately don't have time to walk the whole Kungsleden walk. It sounds an amazing area though so would like to go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Are there any day walks in the park that give a good idea of the character/flora/fauna that make a long train trip from Stockholm worthwhile?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    • Going from Katterjåkk to Abisko

by inodb Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Hi I'm planning to visit Abisko on the 15th of February from Kattterjåkk. Is it possible to walk or should I take a taxi? How much would that be approximately? The train only goes once in the afternoon and I'd love the see the northern lights in abisko so that's not really an option.

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    • Northern lights in Abisko National Park

by ppyywong Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:31 AM

How to go to Abisko National Park from Kirona by train?
      Do you think travel by a lady alone safe or not in February?
      Is there any tours run in the Abisko National
      Park?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Abisko train

by wzs2185 Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hello i am in Berlin Germany.
      and i already order the hotel in STF.Abisko Which from 22 Dec 2013 till 24 Dec.2013 Two persons,,,,But the problem is there is no any train from Stockholm to there durning 21th Dec...Whole of the ticket is sold out, also the airplane time is not suitable.....So what could i do? cancel the hotel booking?......That's too bad.
      is there any share cars website in Sweden? or i could take the bus ??
      Thanks very much

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • No Question Title

by Ronewhite Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Do u think it worth visiting abisko np for the day in jan staying 6 nights in kiruna and is there public transport

2 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • TITIskiSweden's Profile Photo

Renting equipement

by TITIskiSweden Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Hello

I will be in the Swedish Lapland, in Abisko, in January and I will need ski and / or snowshoes.

Where could I rent that???
      And are there price reductions for STF members???

thanks for the reply!

Tibo

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM
    • Alokjuneja's Profile Photo

Place in abisko with highest chance of seeing northern light

by Alokjuneja Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I will be visiting abisko from 3-6 oct'13. Thinking of staying in hostel through abisko.net instead of tourist lodge.
      Is there equal chance of seeing northern light from village abisko and tourist station. Should we take a local guide ? And other suggestions , I really want to see northern lights :)!

5 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • PRIVATE COACH SERVICE FOR A GROUP OF 20 HEADS

by pinakimitra Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Hi...Need a caring advice please. We're a group of 20 heads from India have planned to be in Kiruna in early nov'13 as we are told that the maximum possibility of viewing Northern Lights in 2013. We may stay for a couple of day in Kiruna and want badly to visit Abisko for a full day trip...particularly from afternoon and would come back to Kiruna late night. Need a help to design a trip with a Coach to Abisko to explore and come back. Need advice in all respective areas, please.
      Regards,
      Pinaki Mitra
      E: pinakimitra.pinku@gmail.com

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • bus or taxi connections

by soetie Online Now May 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Hi,

We would like to hike the kings trail. THe only problem is that we are short in time an we have only 5 or 6 days, wich will not allow us to go from abisko to nikkaluokta, then take bus from nikkaluokta to kiruna, and another bus back to abisko (where our car might be standing).
      Has anyone an idea what the best possibility is to get back in Abisko in a 5 or 6 days time span?
      Walking in a circle or taking a bus/taxi somewhere (and where?:))?

Thank you really much!
      Maarten

2 Answers May 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • About bus service from Kiruna to Abisko in December

by iceker11 Online Now Sep 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I can't find any information about the bus timetable in December from Kiruna to Abisko.

Is there any bus service for this route?

December 29, 2012: Kiruna to Abisko

• May Kungsleden hiking

by JaneBeck Online Now May 4, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I suddenly get some free time. I'm thinking to do hiking (Abisko-Kungsleden) during mid May. Please let me know the condition of the trail and weather condition: is it icy? do I need crampons? do I need ski? could i rent the ski at abisko and return it in kungsleden? how much? how cold at night? What kind of dangers during the trek? i have a tent for up to -8C. Are the mountain stations open? What are the prices at this time of year?

Could you advise any alternative hikes?

2 Answers May 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    • Travelling from Kiruna to Abisko

by shagtomnow Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me.

I'm planning on visiting Abisko from Kiruna on the 1st of March 2012, and leaving on the 4th of March.
      I'm flying in from London and arriving at 1pm. Will I be able to make it for the train from Kiruna C to Abisko Turiststation at 2pm? Are there alternatives for travelling from Kiruna to Abisko on the 1st of March? I would gladly appreciate some help!

1 Answer Jan 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    • Where to stay in end of October at Abisko?

by Tomatolai Online Now May 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I plan to visit Abisko national park on 29-31 October 2011. But unfortunately i heard that the Abisko Tourist Station closed on October month. Any recommended accomodation that i can stay for two days in Abisko?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Abisko Northern lights on earthly budget? (for an almost-maniac-to-see-them!)

by nikoskaps Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Hi there!
      I'm searching on the posibility to visit the Abisko (or Kiruna) area in February for viewing the northern lights, without spending a fortune!
      (although I understand it mustn't be so easy).
      The northern lights are basically my only reason to go there.
      After initial searching, mostly luxurious suggestions come up, like based in ice hotel, or booking expensive tours, etc, which are very nice but unfortunately over my limits.
      I was wondering for the practical side of D-I-Y, like arriving by train from Stockholm to Abisko, or by flight to Kiruna and then train/bus to Abisko, staying in a hostel kind of acommodation (perhaps in a station which is in the area) and walking between the spots (hostel - viewing points - restaurants etc).
      If of course all these are really in easy access of each other and the train station, in winter.
      If anybody has experiences - ideas- alternatives about how to make it, would be absolutely great!
      many thanks
      Nikos

6 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    • mobrad's Profile Photo

mosquitos

by mobrad Online Now Dec 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I would like to watch birds in Abisko in June. I have heard of the mosquitos, is this a problem in early June (around the 5th)or rather later? What about early August?
      Thank you for your answers.

1 Answer Dec 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    • Coach transfer Kiruna to Abisko then to Ice Hotel then to Ivalo

by youke Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 4:39 AM

My family of 5 is planning to visit Abisko - Kiruna ICE Hotel followed by Ivalo Kakslauttanen in December.

I wonder whether any one is familiar with those places and can recommend an agent that can provide us:
      1. guided tour at Abisko and Kiruna,
      2. Coach Transfer from Kiruna to Abisko then to ICE HOTEL and then to Ivalo Kakslautanen

We are considering our accommodations at Abisko Mountain Lodge, ICE Hotel and Kakslautanen. Any one has any adverse experiences? We were advised to book accommodations first since these are special accommodations which availability is running out fast for a big group of 5 like us.

We will arrive in Kiruna airport from London in December.

Love to hear from any one in the forum.

2 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    • Left luggage room

by tynah Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hello,
      is there any left luggage room or lockers at the Abisko Turiststation or Abisko Östra railway station? I am going there this Sunday and need some place to left my luggage for couple of hours. Thank you!

• Kings Trail - Difficulty level of the Trail

by lee4in Online Now May 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Hi

I am planning to do the Kings Trail in Sweden in the last week of June with Nature Travels.

Its an ambitious venture as I go hiking about once a year and am stuck to a desk job otherwise.

How difficult will the trek be for a person of average fitness?

Any advice will be welcome

cheers

2 Answers May 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    • Kungsleden - July or August

by betzy1232 Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hi,

We are planning to hike the Kungsleden from Absiko to Kebnekaise this summer. I was there last year in the beginning of July and it was quite busy. Iw as told that the ned of July / beginning of August is MUCH more crowded. Does anyone know if this is in fact true? Is it probable that we will not get actual beds so late in the season?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 26, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    • train from kiruna to abisko

by heleneetgougou Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM

hello,
      we are 4 french people. We have to find a train from kiruna to abisko le 29 th of march in the morning ! Could you help me to find the hours when there is a train please ? I can't find this information anywhere.
      thank you very much
      Hélène ROCQUES

3 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    • Abisko Aurora Skystation by Kiruna Safaris is a waste of money - do not go

by dee29 Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hi All,

I just went on a tour to the Abisko Aurora skystation, which I feel grossly overcharged us and everyone else on the trip. I would like to make a complaint about this tour operator. has anyone had any experience of dealing with tourism authorities in Sweden?

3 Answers Jan 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    • One day in Abisko

by debbie08 Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi, we were going to break our train journey from Narvik to Stockholm with a one day/overnight stay at Abisko. Is there sufficient short hisking trails and things to do in one day? It seems more geared to longer hikes? Would we be better to spend the time in Narvik instead? Any help appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 4:49 AM
    • What things do I need to walk from Abisko to Nikkaluokta?

by jbalart Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I'm planning to walk from Abisko to Nikkaluokta during the first week of july 2008.
      Do I need to carry sleeping bag and tent, and food for all the trip? Can I buy some food in the huts along the trail?
      Usually I've been walking in several countries and I use to avoid heavy rucksacks, so I don't know if it's possible to stay by the end of each day in a Hut.
      Could you tell me the best places to stay? (I'd like to rest every day in a hut. Idon't know either if kitchen is available every day)
      Any information will be wellcome.
      Jaume i Pura
      CATALONIA

3 Answers Feb 19, 2008 at 1:27 AM
    • Transportation to Abisko

by cheezmozzarella Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Hi,

I would like to know how I can go to Abisko from Malmo/Copenhagen. Is there any flights going to Abisko? or can it be reached by train?

thanks.

1 Answer Jan 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    • Things to do in beginning of November

by jpt_tan Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 10:15 AM

I am thinking of going to Abisko NP to see the Northern lights as it is supposed to have clear skies the majority of the time.

As I'm going at the beginning of November and I'm aware that most of the facilities will be closed, I'd just like to check what activities can be done at that time.

1 Answer Oct 9, 2007 at 7:17 AM
    • hiking in early June

by abp6 Online Now May 8, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Hi,
      I was wondering what hiking is like in Abisko in early June (June 10-15th). Is there snow on the ground at that time? Is it necessary to have snow shoes or skis or are the trails fairly clear by then?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
      Anna

2 Answers Feb 7, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    • storyin's Profile Photo

from Abisko to Northern Norway...Hiking!

by storyin Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Hi...!

my destination after Abisko is Lofoten Island, if possible I'd like to hike to Norway:
      now I find 3 route:
      1.(Navvy road=Rallarvägen)Björkliden->Katterjåkk->Riksgransen->Rombaksbotn->(bus?train?)Narvik
      2.(Kungsleden)Kvikkjokk->(another trail)Sulitjelma->(bus?train?)Bodo
      3.(Kungsleden)Jakkvik->(bus?)Vuoggatjalme->(bus?train?)Bodo
      Is that right?
      and, is there another route?

I guess that the Navvy road alone the lake should be beautiful and not that easy to get lost...
      and some guide book said that the trail close to Sarek national park is very very difficult and only for experienced hiker. and without mountain huts.
      and some guide book said that Kungsleden from Kvikkjokk to Jakkvik is the most difficult part and I check the map there is about 35km without mountain hut...

so, compared to the option#2, Navvy road is less dangerous ... and more scenic?

Thanks
      Yingchieh

1 Answer Mar 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM
    • Thinkie's Profile Photo

distance?

by Thinkie Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about hiking from Abisko Tourist station to the Abisko Canyon. Now my health isn't that well so I would like to know if this is possible for me. But I wasn't able to find out what the distance is! Does anyone know?
      thanks!

Thinkie

4 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 11:15 AM