Abisko Nationalpark Travel Answers

change location

Kungsleden - July or August

by betzy1232 Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hi,

We are planning to hike the Kungsleden from Absiko to Kebnekaise this summer. I was there last year in the beginning of July and it was quite busy. Iw as told that the ned of July / beginning of August is MUCH more crowded. Does anyone know if this is in fact true? Is it probable that we will not get actual beds so late in the season?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Kungsleden - July or August

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Yes, I'd imagine it gets more crowded later in July and into August since then many Germans have their holidays and Kungsleden is popular with them. Us Swedes have also taken later holidays in the last decade as we've "harmonised" with European friends and adapted to the fact that we now have less manufacturing in the country (when I was little, July was when heavy machinery was turned off and serviced and factory staff had to go on leave).

You will get somewhere to sleep since Swedish fell stations always need to accommodate people due to the ever changing and sometimes dangerous weather up there, coupled with the fact that the distances are huge so finding alternatives is not easy. The question is just what you will get - it might be that you have to sleep on a matress on the floor in a room with lots of other travellers...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Abisko Nationalpark