Abisko Nationalpark Travel Answers

change location
storyin's Profile Photo

from Abisko to Northern Norway...Hiking!

by storyin Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Hi...!

my destination after Abisko is Lofoten Island, if possible I'd like to hike to Norway:
now I find 3 route:
1.(Navvy road=Rallarvägen)Björkliden->Katterjåkk->Riksgransen->Rombaksbotn->(bus?train?)Narvik
2.(Kungsleden)Kvikkjokk->(another trail)Sulitjelma->(bus?train?)Bodo
3.(Kungsleden)Jakkvik->(bus?)Vuoggatjalme->(bus?train?)Bodo
Is that right?
and, is there another route?

I guess that the Navvy road alone the lake should be beautiful and not that easy to get lost...
and some guide book said that the trail close to Sarek national park is very very difficult and only for experienced hiker. and without mountain huts.
and some guide book said that Kungsleden from Kvikkjokk to Jakkvik is the most difficult part and I check the map there is about 35km without mountain hut...

so, compared to the option#2, Navvy road is less dangerous ... and more scenic?

Thanks
Yingchieh

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: from Abisko to Northern Norway...Hiking!

by Sjalen Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Kungsleden is one of the most walked paths in Sweden so there are people along it most of the time in summer BUT indeed there are more difficult parts of it. It is also FURTHER for you than to walk the Navvy road which is more direct as it follows the railway to Narvik, close to Lofoten. The Kungsleden alternatives will divert you south first, and indeed Sarek is not for the beginner. I think it is Padjelanta National Park which is closest to the border there and that is supposedly relatively easy to walk (check with VT member sim_1) but on the other hands has no cabins so you rely more on camping.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Abisko Nationalpark