Aberdeen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• buy lingustine

Crinan Yesterday

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

more
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

more
    • Transportation around Inverness

Inverness Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We want to visit MacBean(MacBain) Memorial Gardens near Inverness. How can we get there?

more
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

more
    • MrMartin's Profile Photo

How could 14 students (15 - 17 years) from Liechtenstein get in contact with locals?

Edinburgh Jun 19, 2014 at 2:05 AM

We will stay from 23.- 30. June in Edinburgh. It would be nice to have a small sightseeing tour or interessting contact to locals for my 14 students. The goals are: To learn from another culture (even it it is not so different to the Liechtenstein one :-) and to speak English... Do you have some ideas? (We stay in the citycenter of Edinburgh, Cowgate)

more
    • how to reach isle of skye from edinburgh-waverly station

Isle of Skye Jul 1, 2014 at 3:34 AM

hi, i will be travelling to scotland in the month of july and have already booked the hotel . we are family of 7, we want to visit isle of skye.since the booking of the hotel has already been done so the visit will be a day tour. can u please suggest the best way to reach the place

more
    • London train

Edinburgh Jun 19, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Hi everyone!!To go from Edinburgh to London by train making a overnight stop in York, do I have to buy separate tickets for each stop or only one to London and just get off in York and board again the next day? Thanks!!

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Day trips from Edinburgh

Edinburgh Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I'm heading to Edinburgh for 5 days prior to heading on to England and Scotland in mid August. I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times so I've seen most of the sights there, however, I'll be there during a whole pile of festivals including the Fringe festival so I still need to do some research on that Here's what I've got as my tentative plan, I've already purchased a historic Scotland pass (3 days out of 4 consecutive days) that includes a lot on my list:

Day 1 arrive 7:45am after overnight flight, check in, spend some time in Edinburgh
      Day 2 Stirling Castle, Doune Castle (Monty Python)-both on Pass
      Day 3 Possible daytrip to see some other part of Scotland
      Day 4 Linlithgow Castle, Blackness Castle-both on Pass
      Day 5 Craigmillar Castle, Edinburgh Castle-both on Pass, leave 6pm for Manchester

It's been suggested that I can also see Linlithgow on the Stirling day, by a local, since they are in the same general direction, the train ticket appears to allow breaks in the journey so I'll play by ear. If I do that, then Blackness will probably get chopped and I might just stay in Edinburgh

For day 3, I was looking at a couple of companies, Rabbies and Timberbush and they both have Loch Ness trips, one includes Uruqhart, one doesn't, about the same price, the Uruqhart trip is 1/2 hour longer, 12 hours vs. 12 1/2 hours. I understand that it's a long way each direction, 3 hours or so, they both go by Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, Fort Augustus, spend approx. 2 hours at Loch Ness including an optional boat trip, Grampian mountains and a stop at Pitlochry. Thoughts? People seem to love the companies but then I'm reading a lot about Loch Ness and that it's not all that (Loch Ness monster sightings not withstanding). The closer Loch tours all include one of the castles I was planning on seeing on my own, I guess I could do the Loch Lomond tour and see the town of Stirling while everyone else toured the castle. Or delete Stirling Castle from day 2 and see something else. Less driving, is that Loch more scenic?

more
    • Aviemore to Glasgow Airport

Aviemore Jun 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I am flying to Dublin on July 23rd leaving at 2:45. I will have been staying in Aviemore and want to know how to get to the Airport as quickly as possible on the morning of July 23rd.
      Thank you for your advice.

more
    • means of transportation from the airport to the city centre

by seifeldin2013soliman Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

hellow every body ,can any one tell me how to get to Royal hotell 1-3 Bath st from Aberdeen ABZ airport using a bus rather than ataxi?
      thanks a lot

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • KathiK's Profile Photo

Where to buy groceries near Alamo Car Rental, 16 Broomhill Road, Aberdeen?

by KathiK Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

We need to stock up for our road trip!

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    • Urgent accommodation help required

by celtic10 Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Hi arriving in Aberdeen sometime later today, sooner than planned. Can anyone advise of accommodation for my husband and myself, reasonably priced and clean, b & b, hotel, gues house, , looking for two nights. Grateful for all all help

Cheers

2 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DubaiRes's Profile Photo

WHISKY TRAIL - Hotels

by DubaiRes Online Now May 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM

HELP! After telling my son-in-law from Australia that it would be a fun thing to do .... HOTELS FULL! Surely there must be a good recommendation that would host 3 gentlemen for a couple of nights. Any recommendations? URGENTLY NEEDED.
      Thanks

5 Answers May 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • ChrisB244's Profile Photo

A week in Aberdeen

by ChrisB244 Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Hello, I'll be arriving in late Oct. for 5 days of training. The evenings will be mine and I'd like to sample the dining and nightlife. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I should dine and drink while I visit?

• accommodation

by celtic10 Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Hi

I will be having a one night stopover with my sister in Aberdeen, can anyone recommend good clean budged accommodation.
      Cheers

• nuppe's Profile Photo

Herring holiday

by nuppe Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I plan some kind of a herring pilgrimage; searching for herring towns, museums or centers with information of the herring part of maritime heritage - and even places to eat herring in a traditional way. I think I prefere the East Coast, but not necessarily. Could you help me with one to three suggestions of destinations?

19 Answers Nov 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    • Where is Alford?

by bobbialf Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Hello! My husband and I are visiting Aberdeen in about two weeks. We noticed there's a town called "Alford" which is my husband's surname. We wanted to visit, perhaps hire a car and drive there, but wanted to check to see if it was worth spending part of the two days we'll be there. Thanks very much for your help.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    • ketch1973's Profile Photo

asian shops/grocers

by ketch1973 Online Now Jun 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM

hi everyone,

i am moving to aberdeen shortly from sydney and have devloped a real taste for asian food since living there. i dont mean the usual indian or westernised chinese restraunt fare but the more authentic styles. can anyone tell me if there are anywhere like that in aberdeen??
      i have found the yatai japanese restraunts webpage which looks good. i have also been told about a chinese supermarket called "campbells" in torry. does anyone know if that is still there and if so is it any good? do they have fresh chinese produce there or is it mostly all the dried foods?
      i am also intersested in any thai or malaysian market stalls or small shops that may be around the city.

any help is greatly appreciated.
      regards,
      mike.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

any ideas?

by iaint Online Now May 21, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I may have an overnight trip to Aberdeen next weekend. I've stayed in 4 hotels there over the last 5-6 years (Hilton, Holiday Inn Express, Premier Inn & Patio), and wouldn't rush back to any of them. Probably fine if you've just had 3 weeks on an oil rig, but thats as far as it goes.

I've looked at a few websites, and can't find anything appealing except maybe the Marriott in Dyce. Any ideas anyone?

I hate "traditional" Scottish places, I'm OK with chains (budget or not) and B&Bs. Like boutique places too.

So long as its clean, quiet, welcoming and non smoking, I'm flexible on price (on my last trip to the NE I paid £27 bed & breakfast in the local British Legion Club and it was fine; in Brussels last week I paid a good bit more for Le Meridien).

5 Answers Feb 22, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    • on ground travel in Aberdeenshire?

by derigby Online Now May 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I'm going to travel around the Castle Trail in August from St. Andrews, to Aberdeen, to Elgin or Huntly, to Inverness. What is the best way to get around? Do the buses take people on the castle trail route? Are there trains to and from these cities?

3 Answers May 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    • Aberdeen for the summer

by jaydigity Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of working for the summer in Britain. There're a few cities we are considering going to and to help us narrow our (very long) list I was just wondering if anyone would like to offer some input as to whether or not Liverpool would be a good choice for the summer.
      We'd be looking for somewhere where
      - Job availibility won't be a problem
      - A decent nightlife for 20 year olds
      - Cheap cost of living, or at least, not expensive
      - There's a nice amount of touristy things to do.

Really, REALLY appreciate feedback!

3 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • norvegiasara's Profile Photo

help needed:hotel travel lodge is it too bad?

by norvegiasara Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 5:18 AM

HI!!
      i've seen some tips about travel lodge aberdeen central and all are terrible !
      did somebody stay there and could tell me how it is really?
      please help me!!!
      sara

5 Answers Mar 18, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    • norvegiasara's Profile Photo

1 night stay in aberdeen

by norvegiasara Online Now Feb 7, 2007 at 4:09 AM

HI!
      i'll be in aberdeen in travel lodge hotel central.
      i would like to know if it's a good accomodation and central one!
      i also need to know if the hotel is close to the harbour and if it's easy to reach!
      thank you.
      sara

1 Answer Feb 7, 2007 at 6:37 AM
    • Cheaper cashmere in Aberdeen area

by alexhartley33 Online Now Dec 3, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Hello,

This is a cheap question but I am holding out some hope there may be someone out there who can help. I was wondering, as so many lovely cashmere products get made in Scotland, is there anyway of buying them cheaper locally in the Aberdeen area rather than paying loads and loads but just loads instead so while I am visiting I can get my sister, who loves quality cashmere, (who doesn't work for a charity!) a christmas present I can near enough afford.

Any help/tips/advice much apreciated!

Thanks
      Alex

• aberdeen at New Year?!?

by giggler Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 7:08 AM

can anyone tell me what aberdeen is like for new year celebrations....do they have any special events organised?

2 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 2:27 PM
    • Brig Inn Hotel

by macaphee Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Please could you tell me if The Brig Inn Hotel, Ellon Rd, Bridge of Don is any good? Also does anyone know what facilities the rooms and hotel have?

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 25, 2006 at 2:41 AM
    • living in aberdeen

by pierrenickie Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 10:53 PM

Hi guyz!

my friend and i plan to pursue our study at Aberdeen University.
      My friend will be doing his phd in march 2007 and i'll be doing my Msc in late 2007...

If anyone can share their views on how is life in aberdeen (i.e. cost of living) and how to travel to aberdeen from london?

Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 9, 2006 at 7:41 AM
    • thinking about moving to Aberdeen and working in Oil and Gas

by CanadianJay Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 9:13 AM

I have a ton of questions. I am currently living and working in Calgary, Alberta Canada, but I've always wanted to live overseas. What is a decent Salary in Euros there? Where do people typically live, and is it expensive to live in Aberdeen relative to other cities (if you can compare to Cdn cities that would be great, but don't worry about it if you aren't sure).

I am an oil and gas accountant with 3 yrs experience, what is the job market like there, and do I need to have an offer of employment before I move. How difficult is it to get a work permit/visa?

Is there anything else that you think I should know before I start preparing to do this?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me,

Jay

3 Answers Jan 22, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    • The Nargile

by Adrienne13 Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 7:53 AM

I am thinking of going to The Nargile restaurant for a meal this weekend, however i am a vegetarian and wondered if they have a good vegetarian menu?

• What building is this???

by cslogg Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 6:01 AM

I was in Aberdeen last week and walked past a disused factory on my way from Jamaica Steet to the City Centre.The factory ( I assume it was a factory) in question had two very tall towers in its grounds,one was a good bit taller then the other.They were round and had a platform and windows around the top.
      Has anyone any info on what these towers were for?

Thanks
      cslogg

2 Answers Aug 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM
    • Moving to Aberdeen 2006

by waltham Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 7:50 AM

My family and I are moving with my husband's job to Aberdeen in summer 2006. I wondered if anyone out there could recommend a good butchers and whether the fish market at Aberdeen harbour I have heard about is open to the general public or just trade, and whether anyone knows of any other good food shops in the area.

Many thanks

1 Answer Jun 30, 2006 at 2:45 AM
    • Fresh grad moving to Aberdeen

by Radionise Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Hi Everyone.

I'm moving to Aberdeen in August as I've got a job offer over there. My work place would be in Dyce. I need some advice on
      1. where, and
      2. how I can search for accommodation around.

I'd like to rent a one bedroom apartment, hopefully something below 300 or even 250 pounds per month.

Alternatively, To be honest, I wouldn't mind staying in a multiple bedroom apartment as well, as long as I can get a private room for myself. If this is the case, what sort of monthly rental can I expect?

Basically my criteria would be
      1. low cost
      2. safe
      3. near to Dyce

Please advice yea!

Thanks a lot everyone!

4 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 7:56 AM
    • Best Viewpoints in Aberdeen Day & Night?

by silvercity Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best viewpoints in Aberdeen, both day and night. I've been to the Tory Battery, it's one of my favourite spots, but was curious about other places. I noticed there was a hill above the airport, is there a view from there? Any other ideas?

thanks for the suggestions

1 Answer Jun 27, 2006 at 4:21 PM
    • Possible move to Aberdine

by ElisabethSmythe Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 6:13 PM

What are the summers like? and does it rain non stop all year?

I have a six year old boy does anyone know what the shcools are like, "Private"

What is there to do there if your husband is working???

Basically what would it be like to move there from Alberta Canada?

3 Answers Feb 26, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • What to move to Aberdeen

by yank23 Online Now Nov 26, 2005 at 7:31 PM

My family and I are moving to Aberdeen soon from the states. Can we pack our US electronics ( i.e. plasma TV, stereo, etc.). Do they require special connections or will we have to start form scratch? Also and packing do's and don't would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 27, 2005 at 2:09 AM
    • jobs in Aberdeen

by 73anna Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 2:04 PM

hello,I'm Anna from Poland.I'll come to Aberdeen in the next year.Will I find some jobs for me and my husband.My English is not good,but I still learn.I am interesting about all kind of job.Thanks for your answers.

1 Answer Jan 8, 2006 at 1:52 PM
    • Alalf's Profile Photo

Moving to Aberdeen

by Alalf Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 4:05 AM

Hi,
      i will move to Aberdeen in early october, and i will stay there, i guess, for some years. I will live alone for the first time, and I don't speak a good english yet.
      So, i need some informations in order to be prepared to what i will find.
      Is it possible to find a one bedroom flat for less then 400 pounds?
      How much costs life (food, taxes...)?
      How is Aberdeen nightlife? I guess there are some pubs...
      How much beer costs?
      Is it easy to make friends there?
      What kind of wheather will I find? I don't know what to bring. I think it will be different from italian wheather. Here in Milan we have less or more 30°C in the summer and 0°C in the winter, and it doesn't rain so much.
      I hope I will enjoy life in Scotland.

Thank you in advance

8 Answers Sep 11, 2005 at 2:20 AM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Train to Edinburgh

by diamond_skies Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 4:14 AM

My boss has asked me to book flights for her between Belfast and Aberdeen. She can get there ok but coming back the only flight available is too early for her. She is thinking of going to Edinburgh to fly from there. How easy is it to get a train from Aberdeen to Edinburgh? How long of a journey is it?

Many thanks

Jane

5 Answers Aug 10, 2005 at 3:06 AM
    • Aberdeen travel: Please help!!

by Miahri Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 3:31 AM

Hello guys,

I'll be in Aberdeen for a week late August - early September. Need an expert advice on what to see in the city and countryside.

I want also to do a bit of shopping for cloths and shoes. I've been to the UK (London) before and found prices there too high. Is it the same with Aberdeen?

As I'll be going on training in Vienna later, would it be better to leave shopping for Vienna, Austria to buy good quality cloths and shoes at a more reasonable price?

Many thanks in advance.

Miahri

5 Answers Jun 24, 2005 at 7:42 AM