Aberdeen Travel Answers

change location

Best Viewpoints in Aberdeen Day & Night?

by silvercity Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best viewpoints in Aberdeen, both day and night. I've been to the Tory Battery, it's one of my favourite spots, but was curious about other places. I noticed there was a hill above the airport, is there a view from there? Any other ideas?

thanks for the suggestions

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lnalba's Profile Photo

RE: Best Viewpoints in Aberdeen Day & Night?

by lnalba Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 4:21 PM

If you can get to the top of St Nicholas House in Broad Street (council headquarters) that gives a great view. It should be possible as it's a public building. I've been up there a couple of times in the past. The hill to which you refer is probably Kirkhill, which is mostly forested. It is a bit far from the city to have a really great view, but coming into the city on the A96 which goes right past Kirkill will give you a glimpse of the sea and some of the taller buildings. Perhaps a walk in the area of the wood will produce a good shot! The top of the Citadel in the Castlegate gives a great view of Union Street and similarly, at the Holborn street end there is a building which faces down Union Street in the opposite direction. Closer to the city you have the Kepplehills area of Bucksburn (the highest point, next to a church (Newhills?) is an extension of Kepplehills Road), which is good. Think I'm out of ideas now, hope this is of some help! lnalba.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines