Aberdeen Travel Answers

change location

What to move to Aberdeen

by yank23 Online Now Nov 26, 2005 at 7:31 PM

My family and I are moving to Aberdeen soon from the states. Can we pack our US electronics ( i.e. plasma TV, stereo, etc.). Do they require special connections or will we have to start form scratch? Also and packing do's and don't would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BluBluBlu's Profile Photo

RE: What to move to Aberdeen

by BluBluBlu Online Now Nov 27, 2005 at 1:31 AM

We have different voltage and plugs to the states...so pack plenty of adaptors! I believe your TV's use a different system to ours...so probably best to start from scratch...

Blu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Musquy's Profile Photo

RE: What to move to Aberdeen

by Musquy Online Now Nov 27, 2005 at 2:09 AM

We use a higher voltage than you and a different shaped plug & socket. Having said that, most appliances these days have a switch of some sort which enables you to change this. (I think you use 150, we use 240.)
    Your analogue TV is based on 405 lines. ours on 625
    Our Video systems are different - if you have video tapes they won't play on standard UK VHS (Although you can buy equipment with a "Universal" feature, which means that they have options for both formats.
    Your CDs will play OK - no difference there!
    Your spellcheck won't work - we use lots of what you would regard as "extra & unnecessary" letters.
    Re appliances though, check your user manuals under "voltage" - you may find a paragraph headed "to convert for UK use."

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines