Aberdeen Travel Answers

change location

questions

by ponmarshall Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 10:27 AM

3 questions on aberdeen 1.any good places to buy cds,videos ex 2.any good cheap places to eat 3.any parts of aberdeen to avoid

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: questions

by mrjemm Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 10:50 AM

Ha! You should have been on here a couple of days ago, the same question was asked- except the bit about CD's... Anyway, I've been living here a few months now and all I kow is... (besides what's on my pages so far)... CD's Fopp on Correction Wynd (? Turn right at Marks & Spencers) is good as is errr, can't remember the name but it's the only place on Belmont Street with music. Of course there's HMV & Virgin (both on Union St). Lots of good places to eat- Italian all over the place, Lebanese- 3x Nargile branches, Indian- Kama Sutra, Bridge St., I'm told all the places on Dee Place/terrace (?) are good- Royal Thai especially. But cheap... That's a different matter, a few good take aways- Belmont Fish Bar on Belmont St for example. Some pubs do decent food too- Blackfriars for example. Garado's (or something like that) on George Street are pretty good and do an eclectic menu. And cheap. Near them is Meditteraneo for Italian. Avoid... depends what you want- for living, at night, to avoid yuppies/students/oil workers. Torry & Tillydrone have bad reps for living in, but I've walked about'em no problem. The docks are well stocked with dodgy ladies and their trade, some heavy drinkerage joints also mean some messy sailors/locals. Belmont Street is stuffed with students most nights. Anything else, just ask. Hope I've helped. Jem

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AC1's Profile Photo

Re: questions

by AC1 Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 5:02 PM

1. Depending on what kind of musics you are looking for, the common chart toppers can be found from HMV, VirginStores, etc. If you are hunting for the not so common ones, try Bruce Millers which is towards the west end of Union St. 2. Lots of Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, take-away places and restaurants in Crown's Street/Terrace. But I don't think you fancy that, you can find it in Lancaster anyway. Well... try the only Greek restaurant in town, Christos Greek Tavern. Good food and not too pricey, 15 quids for a proper dinner. Something different. It is located at John Street, right across Aberdeen College. 3. Aberdeen is in general very safe. However, the "grey" sites are the harbour area (Miller St, Saint.Clement St, etc, you would probably wont even get there since it is so secluded and you will see fleshy chicks waiting for pickup by the streets, nothing dangerous, can be fun to watch though), Torry (which I dont think you have anything to do there in the nite anyway), and some say George St during the night can be rowdy. However, even for an Asian like me living here, I don't find any of the mentioned above threatening or of concern at all.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines