Abano Terme Travel Answers

change location

Is it possible to get from Abano to Rome in one day?

by kjmeff Online Now Jul 9, 2004 at 9:40 AM

We will be in Abano on 7/17 and were wanting to see Rome. Is there a tour or a bus we can take to see the vatican and coliseum?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Is it possible to get from Abano to Rome in one day?

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 9, 2004 at 12:00 PM

If you look at www.mapquest.com (look for Maps on the upper right to see Europe), you'll see that Abano Terme is 300 miles away from Rome - a very long round trip for one day. If you look at www.trenitalia.com, you will see that the fastest train will be 4 hours - again, making it a very long day (and hardly worth it). Once you are in Rome, it is a walker's city, so going on foot is what most people do (it's more fun that way anyway). If you get tired of walking, there is an extensive bus system, a subway, and taxis aren't all that expensive if you take them once in a while. So, was your question "can I get to Rome, see some sites, and get back in one day?" If so, I would recommend against this - it is too much train travel for what you get. Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • effeti's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Is it possible to get from Abano to Rome in one day?

by effeti Online Now Jul 10, 2004 at 2:03 AM

I agree (like nearly always) with Bill. I live not far from Abano. It is of course possible (by plane from Verona or Venice or by Eurostar train from Padova or Verona) to make a day trip to Rome, and we do it, but only for business. If you have a 2/4 hours meeting, you can do it all in a day. But i won't do all that travel only for so few hours in Rome. Of course, if you feel you'll never be able to come back, you can do it. But i suggest you Venice, Padova or Verona if you don't know any of those cities. Ciao Francesco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Abano Terme