Abaco Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are there car ferries to the Bahamas?

Grand Bahama Island 2 hours ago

Are there car ferries from Florida to the Bahama Islands? If so what is the cost?

more
    • Are there car ferries to the Bahamas?

Grand Bahama Island 2 hours ago

Are there car ferries from Florida to the Bahama Islands? If so what is the cost?

more
    • Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

more
    • Food

by Salano Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Is there a short list of what foods would be easy to travel with for a weeks stay on hopetown? Can I bring milk? Can I bring frozen meals?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    • mike1927's Profile Photo

Accomodation

by mike1927 Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hi all
      My wife and I are thinking of spending a week in Abaco at the beginning of March as we will be in Floida for a week and it makes sense to extend our stay. The Abacos Islands look fantastic and easy to get to. Any ideas on where to stay? Reasonable and Romantic?

The alternative would be to spend some time in Florida Keys. Is this a good option?

Any help great fully received.

Thanks

• Barbarella1969's Profile Photo

Getting to The Abacos

by Barbarella1969 Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Any tips on how to get there ( cheapest way since we are four!) either from Nassau or from Miami or Fort Lauradale. How much are water cabs or taxis from Nassau to Abacos
      Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Answer Jan 27, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    • travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by travelgirl3 Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 5:23 PM

Hi all, We're thinking of visiting Guana Cay west of Abaco this summer, and have read a little about this privately owned cottage. However, I can only find the owner's write-up, and testimonials on their Website. It looks nice, but we'd like to hear more, positive or negative. Thanks! Penny

4 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    • Cell Phone & E-mail in Marsh Harbour

by L30 Online Now May 22, 2003 at 10:16 AM

I have been trying to contact BaTelCo to set up email and cell phone access, the telephone numbers listed on the website don't work.......what do I do?? who can help - my job is on the line!!!!

2 Answers Apr 29, 2005 at 5:57 AM