Abaco Island Travel Answers

change location
travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by travelgirl3 Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 5:23 PM

Hi all, We're thinking of visiting Guana Cay west of Abaco this summer, and have read a little about this privately owned cottage. However, I can only find the owner's write-up, and testimonials on their Website. It looks nice, but we'd like to hear more, positive or negative. Thanks! Penny

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Wojtek_R's Profile Photo

Re: Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by Wojtek_R Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Guana Cay is very nice and very peaceful. Sunday afternoon at Nippers there is a pig roast, and the beach is great and not overrun with tourists. The only drawback I can think of is the fact that Abaco in general is not a very happening place so expect a relaxing vacation without many tourists. Guana itself is not easily accessible except by ferry from Marsh Harbour. However the ferry goes right to the centre of town where all the bars and restaurants are www.abaconian.com is our local newspaper, there is a listing of all the accomodation options somewhere on it. enjoy Abaco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by chartz Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 9:12 PM

I plan on staying there June 5-14. I have found the owners to be quite helpful when I was planning my stay. I can let you know how it was. I have done some extensive research and I believe that the price and accomadations are reasonably priced.

• RE: Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by mameldeau Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 5:37 PM

Have you been to Guana Cay before? We have been going to the Abaco's for 23 years...the beach is the best in the world.....so even if your house is not the best...it makes no difference.....you can go to Nippers on the beach for a drink and sometimes see some really fun things.....this island has a very small grocery store and virtually no shopping....you can take the ferry to visit other islands int he Abacos....Marsh Harbor has everything you need...plan on really relaxing and walking the long sandy beach...orchid bay marina has a nice resturant...

• Re: Coconuts Cottage on Guana Cay

by abacoalice Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hey Penny...I'm not too sure about this particular cottage, but I recently toured the Abaco's with my husband and found all kinds of info about all the cays at this website...www.abacocottage.com it was very user friendly with lots of info....hope this helps!

Alice

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines