Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

more
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

more
    • Itinerary Suggestion

Taipei Apr 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Dear all, I am planning for a 7D/6N trip to Taiwan, with my girlfriend during the month of July this year. I have been to Taiwan couple of times, however it will be the first for my girlfriend. I like to ask for suggestion to create a beautiful memorable experience for her.

Thank you.

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

more
    • From Taichung to A li Shan

by kehuii Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Hi, is it advisable to take a one day trip to a-li-shan from taichung ? what is the shortest route from Taichung to A-li-Shan? What can we do at A-li-Shan

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • Ali Shan Day Trip from Chaiyi possible

by kennyboi Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Hi, just wondering if it is possible to do a day trip to Ali Shan from Chaiyi using public transport?

If not, do buses have space to allow check-in size luggage to stay overnight at Ali Shan? Or any safe storage area to recommend in Chaiyi overnight?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    • Chaiyi HSR to Alishan by Bus

by travels192 Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 6:56 AM

First, from Chaiyi HSR to Chaiyi Railway, are the free shuttle buses in the link below still operating?

thsrc.com.tw/download/transf...

And the next step, I understand the trains from from Chaiyi Railway Station to Alishan are still not operating, so bus is my only option? Is there any way to buy a bus ticket online/phone in advance? I'm traveling there on a Saturday and not sure how nervous I should be about getting a bus ticket?

I found the link below for the bus--is this still accurate? I don't/couldn't figure out the Chinese, so could someone kindly tell me which column is listing the times Chaiyi Railway Station to Alishan and visa versa?

www.cybus.gov.tw/TIMETABLE/TIMETABLE.pdf

I was hoping to make Alishan a one day trip. Travel in in the morning, wander around by foot for the afternoon, travel out in the evening and stay overnight somewhere near Chaiyi HSR (traveling down to Kenting next). Is this plausible and is just walking around on foot the best use of time there?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Answer Apr 24, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    • sueannlee's Profile Photo

Getting from Hualien to Alishan/Rueili

by sueannlee Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Hello there

I am planning to get from Hualien to Rueili directly. At first i thought there would be a train from Hualien to Chiayi, but i just found out there isn't.

So what options do i have now? I'm renting a car in Hualien, so is it possible to drive directly to Alishan? Are the mountainous roads hazardous and how long will the journey take? Also, is it possible that i return the car in Alishan or Chiayi so i don;t have to drive back to Hualien after that..

If driving is too tough, how about a cab or bus? How much will it cost and any recommendations?

Thanks!!

3 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Best route

by ohaiyo Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning another trip top Taiwan. I plan to go to Alishan and Sun Moon Lake. I'm heading out from Taipei. Do I take the train to Taichung and then go to Sun Moon Lake? Is there a train from Taichung to Sun Moon Lake? How do I go to Alishan from Sun Moon Lake? Also what are the most logical accommodations to stay in?

Thank you

1 Answer Jan 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM
    • cym123456's Profile Photo

Taipei-Hualien-Alishan

by cym123456 Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Hi,

I'm planning for a 8D7N trip to taipei-hualien-alishan. May i know what is the best route i can take to go to all these 3 places within the 8days?

Is there any way i can travel direct from hualien to alishan by bus?

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jan 9, 2008 at 5:39 AM
    • Travelling to Ali shan

by kunica Online Now Jun 25, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Alishan this coming Sept. Pls advise on th following:

1) Is Sep a gd time to go?
      2) How do I get to Alishan from the Chiang Seik Airport?
      3) Which hotel or homestay is highly recommended in Ali shan?
      4) What activities I can do there?

Hope to hear from u guys.

Thanks a million :)

1 Answer Sep 21, 2007 at 2:08 PM
    • Travelling to Ali Shan

by kunica Online Now May 6, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Please advise on the easiest way to travel to Ali Shan! Do I take train from taipei to chiayi?

4 Answers Jun 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM
    • A-li-shan forrest rail train ticket

by SunBird76 Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 8:25 AM

Hi all,

Any idea it there any way to book the A-li-shan forrest rail train ticket through website? I had read up some website,saying that must book through phone call 2 month in advance before departure date.and pay at the chiayi train station upon confirmation within 7 days.if not, booking will be void. I had plan to go there in month of dec 05.

2 Answers Oct 29, 2005 at 8:47 AM
    • Hostel/Budget Stay at Alishan

by PHTAN Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 1:39 AM

Hi there, Planned to go Alishan on this coming April, wonder is there any hostel available at Alishan and Chiayi. Thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 16, 2005 at 12:38 AM